So are you all enjoying the lovely goodness on both blogs as much as I am? Wow!
Ready to see some more?
Are you suuuurrreee.....?
Well, what am I waiting for then??? How's about this little number from Jen Gallacher? Pardon the obvious pun, but it is dyn-o-mite, wouldn't ya say! FABulous!
- Cardstock, pattern paper, buttons, red brad: American Crafts
- Die Cuts: Quickutz
- Red photo corners: Heidi Swapp
- Circle punches: EK Success
- Twine: Craft Supply
- Stamping ink: Michael’s
Left Page Instructions:
- Cut a large wavy background die cut from dark brown cardstock and mount on tan cardstock.
- Mount on green cardstock and add a strip of dinosaur pattern paper to the bottom of the layout.
- Machine stitch in place.
- Rub edges of a strip of yellow cardstock with brown stamping ink and mount in center of the layout.
- Add a strip of tan cardstock rubbed with brown stamping ink to the center of the yellow strip.
- Double mount a light tan and a dark brown button and tie with craft colored twine.
- Add to the strip.
- Use the text tool to cut “DINO” from orange cardstock and “mite” from red cardstock and mount on strip.
- Add a red brad for the dot in the “I.”
- Mount two photos on brown cardstock and mount on wavy background.
- Add two large red photo corners to the top of the layout.
- Print journaling on orange cardstock and punch out with 2” and 1 3/8” circle punches.
- Mount on a 2 ¼” and 1.5” circles punched from brown cardstock and mount on layout.
- Cut a stegosaurus die cut from green cardstock and mount on layout.
- Cut two different sizes of star die cuts from yellow cardstock.
- Rub edges with brown stamping ink and mount on layout (using a pop dot for the smaller star).
- Add a small punched circle in black for the dinosaur’s eye.
Right Page Instructions:
- Mount tan cardstock on green cardstock.
- Mount two photos at the bottom of the layout.
- Machine stitch the dinosaur pattern paper to the top of the layout.
- Rub the edges of a strip of yellow cardstock with brown stamping ink and mount in the center of the layout.
- Mount a tan and smaller orange strip (both rubbed with brown stamping ink) to the yellow strip.
- Double mount a tan and brown button with twine to the strip.
- Cut the tree die cuts from brown and green cardstock.
- Add some yellow cardstock behind the open tree branches.
- Print journaling on brown cardstock and cut into strips before mounting on layout.
- Add two small red corners to the bottom of the photos.
How about this adorable card from Erin Lincoln! I LOVE how she cut the word 'Mom' from her label--using the negative space. And adding the bit of AC Flair for the center of the "O"? Perfect.
American Crafts: Blue Skies paper and Flair; Glitter Cardstock, Craft Fair chipboard buttons, Flowers
QK: Cookie Cutter Label, 2008 Christmas Gift Set Alphabet
And since I'm on a mental sugar overload already this morning because of thinking about that chocolate cake for way too long, let's share another card from Jen. I LOVE this card! Again with all the little details. Lovely.
- Cardstock, pattern paper, button, "Thinking of You" stamp, ribbon: American Crafts
- Die Cuts: Quickutz
- Embossing folders: Quickutz
- 2” Circle punch: McGill
- Photo corners: Canson
- Border punch: Fiskars
- Twine: Craft Supply
- Stamping ink: Inque Boutique, Michaels
- Fold a sheet of green cardstock in half.
- Use the open circle embossing folder to emboss a sheet of dark brown cardstock.
- Machine stitch a border of dotted pattern paper to the bottom of the card.
- Ungroup the scallop border die cut and cut the pattern from tan cardstock.
- Rub edges with brown stamping ink and mount beneath pattern paper.
- Use black stamping ink to stamp “thinking of you” on a strip of teal cardstock.
- Rub edges with brown stamping ink and mount on punched border strip of tan cardstock.
- Tie two lengths of red gingham ribbon to the stamped border and mount on card.
- Cut a “run, jump, skip, play” circle die cut from both green and orange cardstock.
- Cut the green circle in half and mount on orange die cut.
- Rub edges with brown stamping ink and mount on card.
- Punch a 2” circle from teal cardstock and emboss with polka dot (patterned) embossing folder.
- Cut circle in half and rub edges with brown stamping ink before mount on die cut circle.
- Mount teal fleece flower on die cut circle.
- Mount button tied with twine to circle.
- Add two tan photo corners to the upper corners of the card.
And now the winner of the American Crafts goodies:
And the winner of the QuicKutz goodies:
Congratulations! E-mail us with your address at email@example.com and we'll get those out to you!
Wanna see what's up for grabs today?
Should I just tease ya some?
I'm in a weird mood this morning, so this could go on forever.
Oh, alright. I guess it's not very professional of me to keep ya waiting. ;)
Here's a little somethin'-somethin' from American Crafts:
Have a chocolate-filled day...and don't forget to make it a balanced diet with a diet soda. ;)
[this contest is now closed]