December 18, 2009

Stop, Santa!

I love to look at my QuicKutz dies and think of different ways to use them—I feel like I come up with the best ideas when I think out of the box! Or, in this case, out of the stop sign! This “Stop Santa” banner was made using the new Travel and Black Friday releases. I love how fun and different this project turned out.

I used the Postcard die for the base of all of my banners, added my postage stamp and then used one of the signs from the Billboard Set as the background for my letters. I then used the Katie font to spell out SANTA—it has such a fun and festive vibe!

For the first postcard I decided to use the License Plate die and then spell out “Santa Lover” in license lingo (SNTALVR). I used the Stop Sign die to ask Santa to stop at our house, as well as the Road Sign Set to spell XMAS HWY to make sure ol St. Nick knew where he was! I used the License Plate Alphabet for all of my letters on the first postcard, then the Disco and Sticky Note Alphabet on the last postcard.

I cut two of the tree Air Freshener dies and tied them to my ribbon, writing “Christmas” on one side and “Spirit” on the other. I used the Billboard Sign dies on the last postcard and placed my son’s name and part of our address so Santa wouldn’t miss us. To finish, I used the Paper Doll release for the face, as well as the Santa outfit from the Black Friday release. On the back of each postcard I left room to put my family’s letters to Santa, something that will be fun to look back on year after year.


I hope you, too, will look at your dies in a new and different way. If you just play and let your imagination take you away, you never know where you’ll land! Of course, this banner is in my son’s playroom, which fits our playful spirit!

Hope you find time to stop and play this Christmas season!

Happy holidays,

Andrea Yokley-Jessup
QuicKutz Ambassador

5 comments:

PamSpradlin said...

love your idea...

Sandy Pep said...

How fun, the banner looks great and love how you brought the Holiday into your son's playroom.

crackerjackgirl said...

I love it! Will you make me one???

Lynne said...

I love this! So very creative!

J.Jones said...

Link to the photos that did not make onto the QuicKutz Blog...
Now if I can just get my step by step instructions that didn't make it on the blog as well.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=a11441df5a189f53c95929&skin_id=701

Post a Comment